8.24.2010

Quiet day around here again. Picked up this morning so the housekeeper could clean! I love a clean house! And I did a few loads of laundry so I am feeling caught up! We played in the house all day because it would sprinkle/rain off and on all day. We worked on puzzles and 'homework' as Abby calls it. Mckenzie did a little coloring, which is basically having me write her name over and over again. She does a few scribbles and then says M and K, wanting me to write. I hope Mckenzie is just teething because she has been pretty cranky lately and has been wanting to nap. Abby and I played with Lego's during nap time and then she ended up going to her room and falling asleep. I fell asleep too because Mckenzie woke up screaming from her nap and as soon as I picked her up, she was back to sleep. So, I let her lay with me in my bed for a little while. Poor Abby wanted to go to the park this afternoon, but it was still too wet out. And cold. I really don't like how it feels like summer is already over. Scott came home and still no official word on this deployment yet. I went to dinner with a couple of friends and when I was leaving, both girls were so upset. Mckenzie was crying and got her shoes to come with me. It was nice to get out and enjoy a meal without the kids. When I got home, Abby was still awake and came downstairs to see me. I love hearing she missed me. I missed them to, it was just nice to do something by myself for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers