8.26.2010

Scott had to go do the altitude chamber training early this morning. I didn't even realize he left! Abby got up around 8, so we hung out in bed watching a little tv. Mckenzie didn't wake up until 10:30 this morning. I don't know if she would have gotten up then, but I opened her curtains and started making lots of noise. The girls and I went for a walk along the water and snapped a few photos. The girls had a blast collecting rocks along the path and throwing them into the water. Abby told me she didn't like the walk because she didn't have her bike. I think she enjoyed it though because I saw lots of smiles along the way. About halfway through our walk, I realized we no longer had bearie.  Not a good feeling. I was sure we took her with when we left the room and I couldn't find her anywhere. On our walk back to the room, Scott drove by and the girls were so excited to see him. He parked the car and the girls took off running to greet him! Scott took the girls back in the car and I continued to search for bear. I think Scott and I spotted her laying in the parking lot at the same time. What a wonderful feeling. Mckenzie kept telling us " bear. lost. " So glad we found her. We decided to go out for lunch at a Mexican restaurant near base. It was tasty! We haven't had good Mexican in quite awhile so it was a nice treat. We took the girls to the Virginia Air and Space Museum. Both girls enjoyed looking at all the planes and Scott had a great time too. They even had a 1920's carousel that we let the girls ride on. What a beautiful piece. Handpainted, wooden horses. I can't imagine how much work it was to make it. We went to Wild Wing Cafe for dinner. Scott has been to one since he has made some trips to Charleston lately, but I haven't been for 5 years since we lived in SC. It was soooooo good. Just as tasty as I remember. The girls behaved at dinner which made for an even better meal. We got the girls back to the room and neither one wanted to go to bed even though it was well past bedtime. Mckenzie kept talking and calling for me and Scott. She finally gave up about an hour ago. I took some photos, but I will add them when we get back home.



Rock throwin'



I'm not sure what's she doing!



Blurry, but I really was there!


Flyin'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers