8.25.2010

Abby had gymnastics this morning and when it was over, she told me how much she enjoyed herself today. I love how confident she is getting to do activities by herself. I remember how shy she was in Pace when she would go to her class there. Every session, I had to poke and prod her to go to class. Now, she runs in without looking back! Scott and Mckenzie took the Tahoe in for an oil change and cleaned it out so we could take it on our road trip today. We are heading to Virginia so Scott can do some training for work and have ourselves a mini-vacation. Abby didn't want to leave Dakota behind and had a very good cry over missing her dog. I am glad she loves her dog so much!  We finally got the car loaded, a quick lunch, the dog dropped off at the kennel, a trip to the grocery store for snacks and we were on our way. We were fighting to keep Mckenzie awake until after we had taken care of all our errands only for her to take a short little cat nap when we finally let her sleep. The girls were pretty good. Mckenzie is getting to the age where she needs constant entertainment in the car. I think I was only in my seat belt for half the trip! I was constantly turning around to adjust something or get her something. I remember Abby going through the same phase. Thankfully, she has outgrown that and become a pretty good traveller. We stopped for dinner at this little roadside diner. Not the greatest food, well, Scott's was good, but my wasn't the greatest and our waitress was very inattentive. But, it was edible and it was nice to get out of the car. I am not sure I would have signed on for the trip if I had known we would be using the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel at night! I don't like bridges and I really don't like tunnels in the water. Needless to say I wasn't the picture of calm by the time we reached land again. I could have used some xanax to chill me out a little. I'm not looking forward to the return trip! We rolled into base around 10 pm and got checked into our room. Both girls had fallen asleep in the car, so they were ready to play when we got into the room. Luckily, they both fell asleep pretty quickly. I really like staying on base, because we get a two bedroom suite. Would be nice if there was a pool, but there is a base pool if we want to go swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers