8.02.2010

The girls slept in until 8am! I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure they would both wake up when Scott went for a run, but they didn't! We played inside this morning with a Little People ambulance I had purchased quite awhile ago, but had never given to Mckenzie. The girls both enjoyed it so much that I decided they needed another Little People vehicle to go along with. So, off to Target we went and purchased a whole village for the kids. They don't need more toys. I complain about all the toys they already have. What I really need to do I get rid of all the baby toys to make some space. That seems like a lot of work though... Came home for lunch and let the girls play a little while before Mckenzie's nap. They had a great time playing and Abby kept right on playing for at least an hour and a half after I put Mckenzie to bed. She is in love with the new toys. Mckenzie slept until I woke her up at 5pm! A 3.5 hour nap! Unheard of for that little girl. The girls played with the Little People while I cooked dinner. They didn't even argue. Maybe Abby is finally learning that Mckenzie still doesn't understand how to share or maybe it was just a fluke. Either way, I will take it. Anesthesia called today in regards to Mckenzie's surgery on Thursday. Looks like she is tentatively slated for 4pm. I tried calling the office to find out if that is true (when we decided to do the surgery, they told us the little ones generally go first thing in the morning), but I was only able to leave a voicemail and no one called me back. I hope the time changes because I cannot imagine keeping food from Mckenzie all day long. And Scott has been told he can have the morning off so if that doesn't change, I will end up taking her by myself. I really don't want to do that. Hopefully I can get some concrete answers tomorrow. Both girls are in bed, but neither one is sleeping. I have been watching Mckenzie on the monitor and she is playing in her crib, happy as can be. I can't imagine she is all that tired since she took that monstrous nap today! Abby is just procrastinating by coming to tell us all sorts of stories. Like, if you leave your door open, the room is light. But, if you close the door, it gets dark. Maybe her little experiment is an indication she will be a scientist someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers