8.31.2010

We worked on potty training again today. For day 1.5, I think she is doing pretty good. Only four accidents and a couple of those were my inattentiveness. It is so hard to stop whatever you are doing every 15 minutes and run to the bathroom. I don't think Mckenzie appreciates being interrupted every 15 minutes either, but she loves the chocolate or nibs she gets when she is successful! She is so cute when she tinkles. Her eyes get big and her mouth forms the word ooohhh and she covers her mouth! I love how excited she gets!!! I hope we can keep up the good work. We have to drive to Philly for a follow up appt. on Thursday and I don't think we will do panties. I broke down and bought pull-ups so I didn't have to put her in a diaper. I had a bunch of paperwork that I needed to get done for a meeting at Abby's preschool tonight. Being part of the school board is a lot more time consuming than I imagined. I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I never realized until getting involved how much time I would spend working on it. Abby was a great helper for me, handing me papers and taking stuff off the printer for me. I love how she loves to help. It would probably be beneficial to add a few more chores to her daily routine. I have gotten into the bad habit of making her bed for her lately because it is so much quicker! I should probably stop that. Dakota must have been taken very good care of at the kennel because all she wants to do is go outside and play fetch! She has been barking at me to play with her. Scott got the girls to bed since I had my meeting and then I ran to Target and the grocery store by myself!!!! (It was wonderful. I think I actually remembered to buy everything we needed!!!) Scott said Mckenzie laid Dorothy the dinosaur (from the Wiggles) and Abby's lambie under the covers with just their heads poking out while they did story time before bed. When Scott told the girls it was time to go to bed, Mckenzie told him "no, play dolls". She is really starting to put words together and saying short sentences. Love seeing the progression. Abby told Scott she needed to have her blinds open a little bit so she could see when my car pulled into the drive. Gotta love my girls! They mean the world to me. No pics today. Between potty duty and school work, there wasn't any time to get out the camera!
On a side note, one of my best friend's dad was admitted to the hospital today because he is septic. They are thinking pneumonia, just have to wait and see. He has been through so much healthwise the last couple of years. Please pray for a quick recovery for him.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the potty training goes well for ya! I haven't been as good about it as I was for Ben. He was 100% day and night trained by about 32 months or so. Delia is just now "getting" it and we have been working on it for what seems like forever. I really don't watch her as closely as I should though. Kiddo #2 doesn't quite get the attention that the only child does! I really hate potty training.

    Hope your friend's dad recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers