8.26.2011

Friday, August 26, 2011

The girls and I headed to the Walmart again today. (Seriously, I am starting to think I subconsciously like this Walmart because I have been there more times recently than Target!!) I was looking for a few extra flashlights because Abby really doesn't like the dark and for some craft stuff to occupy our time if the power does go out. We found two mini flashlights. A Lightning McQueen head flashlight for Mckenzie and a Toy Store one for Abby. I am lucky Abby was paying enough attention to see them because I walked right past them. They were the only two left in a random aisle. After checking a couple more stores, we lucked upon a few at a Car Quest store :) I managed to get all our outdoor stuff shoved into our little shed. I don't know how Scott will manage to get anything out again, but it is all in there safe and sound :) Abby brought in the newspaper today and she opened it up telling me she needed to read the paper. Mckenzie sat down next to her and Abby showed Mckenzie the weather forecast. It was hilarious to listen to her explain how today we were going to have sunshine and then tomorrow the rain and so forth. I guess they are Scott's kids after all ;-) The girls made jars with glitter in them today. They had a lot of fun watching the glitter settle. A pretty cheap project and I am hoping for hours of entertainment. Scott made it safely to Grand Forks, but he is stuck staying on base because there are no hotel rooms available in town. Hard to believe! I feel bad for him because the first room they put him in was dirty. They gave him a second room and that one was also dirty. He said the carpets weren't vacuumed, the sheets were in a messy pile atop the bed and there were dirty dishes in the kitchen area. That is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable if you ask me. I hope he has better luck with a third room or at least gets the second one cleaned! 003 008 013 The girls really enjoyed watching the crayons melt as I worked on this art project. I think it might be kind of fun to do a single colored one for the girls's room. Purple for Abby and pink for Mckenzie. Oh, putting the girls to bed tonight, Mckenzie was wearing her flashlight and she said to me " Don't worry mom. I will help Abby if she is scared of the dark." She is too sweet :)

1 comment:

  1. Did you use one of those hot gun air blower thingies? lol Hope Scott is home soon!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers