8.28.2011

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Last night was a long night. The power went off around 9:30pm and unfortunately, both girls were still awake. Mckenzie was cool with the whole thing, but Abby FREAKED out. She hates the dark. She started crying and screaming about being in the dark and I had to give her my phone so she would have a little light until I grabbed the flashlights and lit some candles. Since there was the possibility of tornadoes from the hurricane, I brought both of the girls' mattresses to the family room and we all slept there. It took a really long time to get both girls settled down. Abby because of the dark, even though I had candles going and each girl was armed with a flashlight in each hand, and Mckenzie because she was overtired. We had no radio (I thought I was prepared with three different radios in the house, but none of them worked, even when I put in new batteries. How crazy is that?! ) so Scott texted me with weather updates. Luckily, the storm wasn't as strong as predicted and once the girls fell asleep, they were out for the night. We got power back this afternoon and both girls screamed with joy when the lights came back on. It was kind of fun having to find ways to entertain ourselves without the computer or the TV. Mckenzie was a bit upset she couldn't get her daily fix of the Backyardigans, but she didn't throw a fit and was content to play with toys instead. Abby spent a good part of the day playing with her cars. She had a whole system for the cars set up on the stairs. 011cars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers