8.05.2011

Friday, August 5, 2011

Our house guest, Lola, went back home today, but not before she could leave us a little present in the house! Both girls were sad to see her go (Abby even started crying). Mckenzie said she liked having two dogs in the house (I think part of that may be that she would like to have a dog sleep in her room like Dakota sleeps with Abby). I think Dakota was happy to see her go. As soon as Lola was out the door, she laid down on the floor and fell asleep. Poor girl was so tired from playing so much.

Abby and I went out shopping for birthday presents for Mckenzie. It was so much fun hanging out with her and we found some great gifts for M :) We stopped at the mall and Abby asked to go into Claire's so we did. Abby stopped to look at the earrings (she always does) and I decided that today would be the day she would get her ears pierced. I called Scott and he said sure as long as it was what Abby wanted. So, I asked Abby and explained how much it would hurt and she said she wanted it. She got to pick out her earrings and chose Hello Kitty without giving it a second thought. She was soooo nervous. Her little hands rubbed her knees and she was looking down. When the gal said it was time, Abby grabbed my hand and put on a brave face. As soon as it was in, she started crying. Hard sobs and the look in her eyes broke my heart. But, I smiled and told her how brave she was and we had to do it all again :(. It took awhile (and a lot of new earrings) to put a smile back on her face. I am so proud of her bravery!!!By the time we left the mall, she was so excited about her new earrings and begged me to call all the grandparents so she could share this great news!

Mckenzie was up from her nap when we got home and the first words out of her mouth were "Did you buy my birthday presents?" and she started looking through the shopping bags. She found her birthday tiara and asked if she could wear it. She looked so adorable running around the house with it on.  I should have taken a picture. I hope she wears it at her birthday party!

Scott and I took the girls to a park tonight to get some photos for my class. The girls were cooperative and I got a few that I liked. Let's hope my teacher agrees :)


018

004

077

All SOOC. I turned in the first one. Hope it is good enough:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers