8.17.2011

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I registered the girls for ballet/tap today. They have both been asking to try it out for the longest time but since they were already taking gymnastics, we decided to wait until this fall. Both girls sat so still for the instructor while he fitted them for their ballet and tap shoes. No fighting over who got to try on a shoe first, no whining about how tight or uncomfortable the shoes were. Nothing but sweet little angels :) I wish I had brought my camera to capture the moment, but I didn't. I don't like my big, clunky camera bag (hint hint babe- Christmas present- Kelly Moore bag :) ) so I never take it with. Both girls were so excited and Mckenzie got upset when it was time to leave because she thought she was going to get to dance today.

I took the girls to the purple park after lunch and for the first time ever that I can remember, both of them were so grumpy that they wanted to leave. Abby was upset because none of her friends were available to meet us at the park. She heard me leave messages with a few friends and mistakenly thought they were definetely meeting us there. I was broken hearted because she thought her friends didn't want to play with her. I can't imagine how sad she must have felt :'( Mckenzie was grumpy because she couldn't swing. The baby swing was too hot and she didn't want to use a big girl swing. Somehow I managed to cheer up Mckenzie and she, in turn, put a big smile on Abby's face.

We had gymastics and Abby got to ring the bell! The bell is a way that kids get to show everyone in the gym they did awesome at something and this is the first time she got to ring it. I heard her teacher tell her to do it and Abby ran so fast and then she stopped, smiled at me with the biggest smile ever and she rang that bell. It melted my heart to see her so proud of herself! She did a back roll over the bar all by herself. I am sure there is some technical name for it, but I don't know what it is.

It has been a week since Mckenzie gave up her pacifier and it is going so much better than I thought it would go. After a couple of mildly rough nights, she has done AMAZING! She asked me for it tonight, but it was a non-issue once I reminded her that she didn't use a paci anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers