4.01.2011

Friday, April 1, 2011

April is finally here. Now I can officially say Scott comes home next month! Yay!!! We can't wait to see him and I am sure he feels the same! Both girls had class this morning which gave me time to meet with the lawn guy. Seems like he plans on sticking around unlike the guy that quit business halfway through the summer last year. It also gave me the chance to run to the store and pick up a gift for a birthday party we are going to tomorrow. I like to let Abby pick out the presents herself, but time got away from us this time. Both girls had a great day at school. Mckenzie was more than excited to tell me about her day. Abby seemed to be her normal happy self in class today, according to her teacher,  which is a relief to me. We went to a museum with some friends after school today. The kids play very well together and the museum had cleared out a bit by the time we had gotten there (it seems to be a popular place for school field trips!). I assumed it was busy since we were having rain/snow mix today. Yuck! Where is spring? Mckenzie had lots of fun fishing and even caught a couple on her own! Abby loves the rock wall even though she gets scared every time she tries to climb it! I think both girls favored playing on stage. There is a stage where performances are held, but if it isn't being used, the kids can play dress up and pretend they are producing a play. Mckenzie dressed up and danced on stage while Abby and her little friend pretended to be the audience. Then Abby joined her sister on stage. It really was fun to watch! I was so happy the girls didn't throw a fit when it was time to leave (I did warn them before we went in that if they were naughty, we wouldn't be going to our friend's birthday party tomorrow!). We had a surprise waiting for the girls when we got home. The USO offers deployed parents the opportunity to record themselves reading a book to their children and we received our books/dvd in the mail today! The girls were so excited to see Scott and kept trying to talk to him and got upset when he wouldn't respond back. Abby finally understood that is was just a recording of Scott and he couldn't talk back, but Mckenzie didn't get it and walked away after watching a couple of times. Abby watched Scott read to her at least 10 times and read the books along with him. It was so sweet and it broke my heart to watch her listen so intently to every word he said. Both girls were exhausted from playing all afternoon and didn't give me any grief about bed. I think Mckenzie is finally understanding that we don't need juice before bed!
034
049
052
Listening to Daddy read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers