4.05.2011

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I actually woke up early enough to get showered before the girls were running around and it made for a much smoother morning. No rushing around to out the door on time. We were even a little early for school this morning if you can believe that! Well, kind of early. I was scheduled to be the parent helper in Mckenzie's class today (and when you do that, you should be 15 minutes early to help with any prep for the day) but I totally forgot that I was supposed to be in the classroom! Luckily, the teachers were very forgiving with my mistake and told me to come back later with snack. So after running to the post office (your surprise gift/project is on its way Scott!!!) and dropping Abby at a friend's house (Thanks Denise!), I headed back to school! Mckenzie was super excited to see me and have me in the classroom. We went over to a friend's house for lunch and played a bit before heading home. It was raining off and on today and really cool outside so we ended up playing inside all day. Mckenzie did great not using a pacifier until around 4:30/5pm. That is great progress if you ask me. I would love to be able to get her to only using it at night. School really tires her out and she ended up snoozing on the couch for 15 minutes before we headed to church for dinner and choir. Mckenzie had a major meltdown when we got home from church. I was pulling up the trash can and a million bags of leaves that the garbage company wouldn't take (thanks babe for leaving all those bags from this fall;-) ) and the girls were running around the front yard. When I finished, Mckenzie decided she wasn't tired and she didn't want to go inside. Then the battle turned into not wanting to remove her coat or shoes or come upstairs to get ready for bed. She was crying the whole time and I know she just overtired. I finally managed to get her upstairs and get her shoes and coat off, but I didn't even try to brush her teeth or put on pjs. I finally got her calmed down enough so I could tuck Abby in and when I went back to check on Mckenzie and stay with her if I needed, she was already sound asleep. Abby ended up sleeping on my bed because she was upset that she is not going to be singing with the church choir at an upcoming baseball game. I would love to let her, but it is an evening game and I can't imagine Mckenzie sitting still and I worry about taking both girls to a busy place like that by myself.
033
035

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers