4.23.2011

Saturday, April 23, 2011

25

We got off to a slow start around here today. The girls were both in a grumpy mood and even talking to Scott on the phone didn't help much. But, we did manage to get out of the house and to the grocery store. I just went the other day, but we are out of milk. For some reason, Mckenzie has been on a milk kick this week instead of orange juice. We dyed Easter eggs this afternoon and the girls had a blast. Abby was very particular about what eggs went in what color dye. It was very methodical for her and she was worried about how nice they would turn out. Mckenzie on the other hand, just wanted to drop the eggs in the dye, let them sit for a few minutes and then drop the egg in another color. No rhyme or reason. She just was having fun. Both girls' eggs came out great! (I may be a little biased) My kitchen table didn't fare very well even though I covered it with papers :( I am hoping it will eventually come clean. At least the girls came clean after a nice long soak in the tub! The girls and I made rice krispie treats today in the shape of a bird's nest. (Thanks for the idea Laurie:) They turned out pretty cute. Mckenzie only ate the chocolate eggs and mini marshmallows that were supposed to be the bird eggs, leaving the entire rice krispie nest. I borrowed another idea to plant magic beans and see what grows. I put a couple of mini chocolate eggs in a bag and wrote Magic Eggs on the outside of the bag. Abby was super excited to plant her egg in a vase with fake grass. She keeps asking me if I see anything growing in there :) Then she told me she wanted to sleep in the kitchen so she could watch it grow. I had to make up a little story about how I tried that once as a child and the egg didn't grow and my sister's eggs didn't grow either and we were all sad. That changed her mind and she was happy to head to her bed! I love that both girls were excited to do it and that they actually believe that the egg will grow into something:)

011

027

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the girly colors! My kids made a bunch of orange ones....Delia made a couple of pink ones. Brent's was just plain ugly. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers