4.07.2011

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Abby had a friend over this morning and we all had a good time. The girls made sock puppets and then had a puppet show for us using the puppet house we made out of boxes so long ago! Abby's puppet had it's mouth on the back of it's head and Mckenzie had pompom ears on hers, which the dog just happened to chew up. Although that didn't bother me as much as what she did later in the day. Mckenzie used her little potty while we were skyping with Scott and apparently after she left the bathroom, the dog just had to see what was in the potty. I came in to find a dirty rug and a dog that knew she had done something wrong. Why do dogs eat poop? YUCK!!!!!! Mckenzie did great about not using her paci again today. She did use it a little bit while we were talking to Scott, but that was it. It was challenging to distract her, but Abby was a big help with that. The girls were so well behaved today that I spent extra time reading to the at bedtime (little did they know I started getting them ready for bed earlier to do so!) and they were so excited to get to read more books than normal. Abby 'read' a book to me tonight. She has memorized a good bit of it, but she did sound out some of the words for me. The best part was how excited she was about reading. The pride radiated from her face. I love, love, love seeing her accomplish a task and the pride she gets from doing a great job! I always want my girls to know how proud they make me and how much I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers