4.11.2011

Monday, April 11, 2011

The weather finally warmed up today and the girls got to play outside in shorts and we even put on sunscreen! I remember the girls getting a small sunburn last year the first time we wore shorts so I was much more diligent about it this year! It was beautiful out today and I can't wait for more sunny, warm days ahead! Mckenzie didn't have much fun outside today. She wanted to practice riding her bike in the street and threw a fit when I said no. In her defense, I let the girls ride in the street the other day, but that was to get to the park and for Abby to practice turning around while riding her bike. (our driveway is slanted making it difficult to turn without tipping) And, Mckenzie was super tired today and I wouldn't give into her pacifier demands, so it was understandable that she wasn't happy when we were playing outside. She tried to have fun, but it just wasn't happening for her. I hope she starts getting used to not having a nap. This transition has been a difficult one for her. But, she managed to turn around after a bath and a few jelly beans putting on a smile for the babysitter tonight. We talked to Scott today and I can't believe that in just over a month, we won't have to skype anymore! I am getting so excited to actually see him in person and hear his voice. I did hear his voice upstairs today after Mckenzie and I returned from grocery shopping, but it turned out to be only a voiced recorded book he made for the girls before he left on his trip. My heart got a little excited hearing it until I realized it wasn't actually him :( Abby had a great day in school and was so excited to show me a bird's nest they made in class out of mud and twigs and leaves. I made sure to thank her teacher! I took some photos of the girls playing, but after the school board meeting we had tonight(why do they have to be so long?!!), I don't feel like editing them tonight. Maybe I will do it tomorrow...
007
005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers