4.12.2011

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rainy and cold today. I guess that is the price we have to pay for the beautiful weather we had yesterday. It was nice enough out a bit this morning that the kids were able to ride in a St. Jude's Trike-a-Thon the preschool held today. Abby had a great time riding with her friends (you could just see the joy in her face as she was riding and racing with her friends) and loved seeing her teacher outside of the classroom. We are so lucky that Abby's teacher is so sweet and caring. You can tell she loves what she does and she honestly cares about the children. Abby was upset when it was time to go. She had just had a little fender bender with one of her classmates ( & even though her bike fell on top of her, she got right back on her bike and started to ride again! Way to go Abby!) and then it started raining, ending the event. Abby was still crying because she didn't want to go and her teacher ran along side her all the way to the car to make it easier on Abby. Not all teachers would do that! Mckenzie had a blast. Boy can that girl ride a trike! I have never seen her ride so well! Yay Mckenzie! She just took off and was able to keep up with the older kids for the most part. She did have a tendency to stop often resulting in traffic jams with the other kids so I tried to keep her in the area they had set aside for the younger ones. She is a tough little girl too. She hasn't exactly mastered cornering on her trike and so three times she tipped over and her bike landed on her! No tears though and she got right back on each time. I wish I had been smarter and drove Scott's truck to the event because I had to put two wet and muddy bikes into the back of mine. I'm going to have to get the thing detailed one of these days soon! We invited one of Abby's friends over since the event ended early and I knew Abby was still upset about leaving. After they left, Mckenzie was so tired and I could tell her allergies were acting up something fierce, so I let her take a nap. Abby and I read books and pretty soon, both of us were sleeping. I was surprised Abby fell asleep, but her allergies were bugging her today too. Both my girls are walking around with purple circles under their eyes! We had dinner at church and Abby had choir practice.  I really don't know why we eat at the church because every week the girls are hungry when we get home and this week was no exception. So after a bath and a peanut butter sandwich and yogurt, the girls are in bed. It got to be a late night for them, but I think they will be OK considering they both napped today.
043edit2
012edit1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers