4.09.2011

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The girls and I hung out in bed this morning and watched some cartoons. It was nice to lounge around for awhile before starting the day. We went to Target and the girls were amazingly well behaved in the store. It was unreal to me that there was no whining, no arguments over who sat where, nothing. Just two happy girls. So, I took them to Chick fil A as a treat. The girls didn't play very much today as there were quite a few loud and obnoxious kids running around the play area. So, we headed home and Mckenzie fell asleep on the drive. I let her take a nap when we got home since she has a cold and her sleep has been interrupted by coughing at night. We skyped with Scott today. Always a good time! Abby told Scott he shouldn't have cut his hair again because she wanted him to have long hair. Such a silly girl! We played outside this afternoon and went for a bike ride/walk. I was so happy Abby wanted to ride her bike after not wanting to go near it the other day. Mckenzie is not the best driver when it comes to her trike. She doesn't pay attention to where she is steering, so she ends up in the middle of the road and she stops every so often just to check out her surroundings. She loves to ride though! Abby would ride ahead of us a little bit and then have to wait for Mckenzie and I to catch up. We stopped at the park and Abby made it all the way across the monkey bars by herself! I am so proud of her! Both girls had trouble going to sleep. Abby was upset about Scott being gone. She came to me and asked if I had any extra hugs. (When Scott first left, I told the girls he had given me extra hugs and kisses for them to get any time they were really missing him. I have had to give out a lot of those hugs, but this is the first time Abby has asked me for one.) It took Mckenzie an hour and a half to settle down and go to sleep, but I was expecting that since she took a nap. Luckily she is sleeping and I haven't heard her coughing too much so I am hoping she gets plenty of rest tonight!

I bought the girls watering cans today at the store and they couldn't wait to water the flowers and grass.
006
009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers