9.13.2010

Abby came over in the middle of the night and I didn't feel like arguing with her over where she was going to sleep. So this morning, before she was fully awake, she was starting to sit up and saying "school". She scurried off to her room and a few minutes later I heard "bed made, check. dressed, check. room picked up, check." She ran back to my room so I could zip her dress and she was ready to go for the day. Apparently she was very excited for her first day of preschool! We got pictures taken and we were off to school. Abby had to bring in a picture for her teacher. Just so happened to be the art project her and Mckenzie worked on yesterday. Mckenzie thought she was going to school too. She kept saying she was excited and when I got her out of the car, she reached down for her backpack that had been left in the car from another day. Mckenzie even went into Abby's class, but she didn't cry when I picked her up to go. So,  little one and myself came home and worked on colors. She hasn't had as much work on things like that and it shows. I don't know if we made any progress, but every little bit helps. Mckenzie went down for an early nap; I wasn't even sure she would fall asleep, but she did! I had two hours all to myself and I spent it reading (Thanks Laurie. I enjoyed the book. Wouldn't have guessed the ending!). We got to Abby's school a little before school let out and we got to watch her play with her friends. Abby was all smiles and told me she had a great day at school. And, she ran to give Mckenzie a hug and told her she loved her! I love how sweet and caring she is. Both girls really. Earlier in the day, Mckenzie wasn't getting into her carseat with any sense of urgency (she never does), so I told her if she hadn't started climbing into her seat in three seconds, I was going to put her into the seat myself. Well, she looked at me, leaned over to hug me and said "sorry". So sweet! The girls and I headed to Target (imagine that, I am thinking about asking for a frequent shopper discount) to get Mckenzie a leotard. The girls are both starting gymnastics tomorrow! When we got home, I got dinner going and then we headed out front to play on the driveway/sidewalk. The girls had fun riding their bikes and playing with chalk. Mckenzie made me draw her a house. I do not like chalk and it was pure torture for me to touch it, but Mckenzie looked so sweet asking me that I couldn't say no. Scott came home and we got to eat a nice home cooked dinner again. Tonight was bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, corn and dinner rolls. Another very tasty dinner!
The picture for Abby's teacher!

Posing for pics!



Trying to be like big sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers