9.25.2010

What a day! A four year old birthday party and a new car! This morning we went for breakfast at Perkins (love love love their breakfast food). The girls were both good, for the most part. Kenzie was a little feisty, but I chalk it up to the fact that she didn't have her pacifier and it was after 9 before she ate breakfast. We normally eat earlier than that, but we didn't get moving right away this morning. We had a bowling birthday party to go to for one of Abby's school friends. It was a lot of fun to see all of those little ones trying to bowl and even better how well they took turns! By the time we got home, the girls were exhausted and so was I! Mckenzie went down for a nap and she didn't even try to come out of her room.

We said goodbye to our Tahoe today and hello to our Infinity. So a sad and happy day. I still remember buying the Tahoe and thinking we were keeping her FOREVER. Well, 6 years later and over 100k miles, it was time to move on. With Scott deploying, I wanted to be in a more reliable vehicle. She has started making a couple of new noises and we weren't too sure what they were! I have a lot of memories tied to that car. We brought both of our beautiful girls home from the hospital in that car and we made many road trips in it. I only shed a tear or two as Scott drove her away for the last time :( I wish I wasn't so sentimental about things like this, but then again, I wouldn't be who I am if I didn't get so attached. It feels like we were meant to be in our new SUV anyway. Scott found it online at a local dealership and it had less than 10k miles and was priced right. When we went to the lot, we found out it had been sold. But, we test drove another one anyway and both of us really liked the way it handled. Well, Scott made sure the salesman knew we really wanted the one that had been sold and said if for some reason it didn't sell, he should call us. Well, not too long after we drove off the lot, we got a phone call from the dealership saying if we wanted it, we could buy it! We were both so excited, although I think Scott was hesitant to move forward since I am so attached to my old car. So, Scott and Abby went to buy it for us. What a great ride. We all took it out for a spin after dinner and it is a dream to drive! I am very happy with our decision, aside from having a car payment again, and I look forward to driving this car FOREVER!

Bye bye my beautiful Tahoe!

Hello newbie!


1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers