9.21.2010

Another Tuesday and the house is clean. Thank God Scott works so we can have a housekeeper! The girls wanted to do puppets today and Abby insisted on a puppet stand as well. Well, the sock puppets were easy since I just cleaned out Mckenzie's drawer and there were lots of old socks to choose from. The puppet stand was a little more complicated, but it turned out pretty well. I think I got into a little more than the girls did. It took me most of the morning to build, a couple of boxes we have yet to recycle from the move and a lot of packaging tape, but I think it turned out pretty well overall. The girls lost interest about halfway through and I ended up building it on my own, but they did check in every now and then to see how it was going! We didn't get to have any puppet shows yet, but we can do that tomorrow. The girls did bring in a blanket and pillow to play house in there for a little bit. Mckenzie was pretty cranky again today. I think her cold is getting the best of her. She took a three hour nap and woke up in a much better mood. Abby and I made flowers for the puppet stand as our art project for the day, then we veged out on the couch for a little bit until Mckenzie woke up. We got a nice surprise today; Scott came home from his trip a little earlier than expected! The girls were so excited to see him. I love how Mckenzie jumps around and says excited when she is really happy about something. We all went to gymnastics today and the girls had fun again. Mckenzie was the only one in her class so she got to do a lot of stuff, although I think she got a little tired from it all. Abby seems to be enjoying her new class and when I was able to watch her, she was doing really good. We went out to dinner tonight and the girls were so good. So, the day ended on a very good note!

Our puppet stand/playhouse!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers