9.24.2010

I was the parent helper in Abby's class today. It was a lot of fun. Abby was so excited to have me in the class with her and very excited to be class leader as well. A class leader gets to ring the bell to indicate the end of an activity and also gets to be first in line. Very exciting stuff for 4 year olds! I could have saved my time making snack for the kids though, none of them even tried it except Abby. I can't say I blame them for not trying it. I don't like to try new things either! Mckenzie did great in the nursery and I got a glimpse of her playing on the playground with bearie on one swing and her on the other. Too cute! The girls were had a tea party this afternoon. It was quite messy, but luckily, they were just drinking water. I tried to get some pics, but none of them turned out. When Scott got home, we thought it would be a good idea to go test drive a SUV that we have been looking at. Well, it wasn't meant to be, because it had just sold to another customer :( We grabbed dinner and then ran to the store to get a present for a birthday party tomorrow. It was a late night for the kiddos, but they handled it well. On a good note, we found out our renters have moved out and they didn't damage the place! I was so worried about the whole situation since they didn't move out by the date they were told to vacate. I am disappointed in our property manager for letting the situation even occur, but that is a whole story in itself! Now it's just to get the place cleaned and one minor repair done and the buyer can move in. I have decided against going to visit the house one last time. I really thought I needed to see it again, but I think it might cause Abby more problems than it would solve for me. She still really really misses Florida and her little friends there. She talks about the house and her purple room and tells us she would like to live there again. I think if I took her with me to Florida, she would miss it even more and if I didn't take her, she would be very upset. So, I will just have to rely on my memories of the house when we lived there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Barb! You know our first house still holds a significant place in my heart. The second one, not so much (we knew it was just a move to make $), and this one is getting there. It takes so much time and effort to make a house a home and after all of that hard work, it is hard not to be emotionally attached. You'll always have the memories. And I think Abby will be great in any environment. She seems like a child that adapts pretty easily. It doesn't hurt that she has two great parents either :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers