9.08.2010

Much better day for potty training! I am so happy that Mckenzie didn't have any accidents and I am proud of myself for paying much more attention to her cues! Abby came in around 6:30 to snuggle with me. I don't know how she does it, but she managed to take up most of the bed; arms and legs everywhere. Truthfully though, I don't mind when she snuggles in next to me when Scott is away. I know she won't be snuggling with me forever and so I need to enjoy those little moments when I can. Abby had an open house for her school this morning and she got to decorate her little basket that they keep their stuff in and hang with her friends for awhile. Abby had a great time playing and only threw a mini fit when I told her to clean up so we could go home. I love the attention that Abby's teacher gives each and every child. Her smile alone can light up a child's face and that makes me so happy that Abby gets the opportunity to learn from her. I think all teachers should be as welcoming and warm as Ms. Sherri. An amazing woman! Mckenzie had fun too and kept telling me how excited she was. She worked on an art project just like the big kids and played with the baby dolls. I had some work I needed to get done for the membership meeting at Abby's school tonight and so I bribed Abby into giving me time to do that. During nap, I popped her some popcorn, put in a movie and gave her orange pop. Not a peep out of her! And, I got all my stuff done! We skyped with Scott this afternoon. It was good to see him and the girls enjoyed talking to him! Abby had been pretty grumpy during most of the day and she ended up taking a nap on the couch. I got the girls some dinner and it was time for me to go to the membership meeting for the school. My friends daughter watched the girls and it sounds like they had a good time and the girls behaved! Both girls were sleeping when I got home, so that is a plus! The meeting wasn't as long as I expected so I was thankful for that. We had classroom orientation and the teacher asked us to draw a picture and write something for our child. The picture is going to be put into a poetry book that we don't get to see until the end of the school year. It sounds like an amazing idea and the teacher talked about how the kids love to read what their moms wrote for them. I didn't know what to write to Abby, but just thinking about how much she is going to mature this school year made me so sad. There may have been a tear or two slipping while I was writing to her. I love how involved we as parents get to be in this school.
Not sure why she is sucking her thumb, she is a pacifier girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers