9.11.2010

What a great day! The girls both slept until 7:30 and Scott got up with them. I was woken up by Abby shouting at me to come downstairs to get some french toast and eggs! I don't know what it was today, but Abby was so polite all day long, using her manners and helping Mckenzie. I love to see her mature, but at the same time, I miss my little girl :-( Mckenzie rocked the whole potty training thing today. No accidents and she woke up dry after a three hour nap! Amazing! We went to a local park this morning to take Mckenzie's two year photos (a little late I know!)I am not super happy with them. There are a couple of decent shots, but I just couldn't capture a perfect one. I really wish I was a better photographer, but I guess I would need to take a class or something to actually accomplish that. I didn't learn to be a nurse on my own, why should I expect to become a photographer without any kind of classes either. Anyway, the park we visited was beautiful. There was a good sized lake that had a floating bridge over it. The kids liked looking at the water and pointing out how gross it was (the water was a little green), but they did enjoy looking at all the lily pads on the water. Abby and Mckenzie kept finding sticks to dig in the dirt with or rocks to play with. I love how they are tomboys at heart running around in dresses! A good combo I think! We came back home and had a quick lunch before putting Mckenzie down for a late nap. Today was another one of those days where all of us (Scott included) ended up taking a nap! Poor Abby fell asleep on the floor again. She says she likes it, although I don't know how she does it! After we all got up and moving, we decided to have a picnic in the park. We picked up Subway sandwiches and went to the purple park. The girls were both so excited to go to the park. It was a bit chilly out there today and the girls probably should have been in long sleeves but they had so much fun. There is a football field at the park and we had races that the girls always seem to win! As Scott was getting Mckenzie ready for bed, I could hear Mckenzie giggling like crazy and telling Scott "Daddy stop, Daaadyyyy stop". She loves to be tickled and as soon as Scott stops, she is begging for more. Abby does the same thing. Silly girls.












2 comments:

  1. I don't know Barb, they look good to me. I especially like the 1st one of Mckenzie and the B&W of Abby. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you said it was chilly today. Crazy how the weather differs. I think I sweat about a bucket today at a bday party. I'm gonna send ya and email here in a minutes with a link to a cyber "friends" blog.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers