9.05.2010

We had so much fun today at a BBQ/pool party at our friend's place. Kind of sad to think our first BBQ of the year was on one of the last weekends of the summer... But, I guess that is just life moving around all the time! I made an appetizer to take with and although they tasted okay, I am not sure I would make them again. I probably shouldn't have tried a new recipe when I was bringing it to someone else's house.  The girls had a fantastic time swimming! Abby jumped in the pool off the diving board and went underwater! That surprised me so much because she doesn't really like to get her face wet, but she kept doing it over and over. She was a little shy about doing it at first, but soon she was doing it by herself (with her floatie on of course). I am so proud of my little Abby! Mckenzie was like a fish in the water. We put her floatie on and away she went. She would get water in her face, but it didn't seem to bother her. Mckenzie loved to jump off the side of the pool. Unfortunately, it wasn't very warm here (I am really missing Florida weather right now) and we had to take Mckenzie out of the pool because she was a little blue. She didn't go quietly though and everyone at the party could hear she wasn't happy about being pulled out of the water. But, a few cucumbers and TLC from her Daddy and she was all good! It was a great party and we all had so much fun! I feel like we are starting to fit in here in New Jersey. I didn't bring my camera and I am wishing I did. I could have gotten some great photos of the girls today :-(

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great party!

    And girl, you know that picture was staged! They both got a tootsie roll for cooperating! That is the only way that I can get a good one of them together!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers