11.16.2010

Abby had her good friend from school over for a playdate this morning. The three of them had so much fun running around. I have to say, they all played very well together. Mostly they played school, but we did a craft as well. Mckenzie spent about two minutes playing with the melty beads and was done. Abby wanted to make a heart, but she didn't know how and so I made the outside shape for her and she filled it in. I would have preferred she tried to do it on her own, but I wanted her to have fun. If I had insisted she tried, I know it would have made her upset and I didn't want to ruin a craft project for that. There is plenty of time for her to learn. If she still wants my help, then so be it. Abby got very upset and started crying when it was time for her friend to leave. It has been a long time since she has done that, I think since Florida. I take this as a good sign that she has a friend she wants to spend so much time with. After she settled down, we had a quick snack and ran to the grocery store. It seems like I was just there, but the fridge was telling me something different. It was late by the time we finished so we stopped at Chick fil A before heading home. I put Mckenzie down for a nap again today because she had gymnastics today and I wanted her to pay attention during class. If she doesn't nap, she doesn't focus very well during gymnastics and she doesn't seem to enjoy it as much. Abby spent the time playing dress up and playing with cars. She did a great job of entertaining herself this afternoon. The girls had fun at gymnastics. Mckenzie listened pretty well to the teacher, but I did notice that she is a lot more clingy when I take her than when Scott is out on the floor with her. Wish I knew what his secret is. We had dinner and a shower and it was finally time for bed. Mckenzie has come out of her room a few times, but I expected that since she took a nap. I just hope she isn't up too long since tomorrow is a school day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers