11.05.2010

I didn't fall asleep until after 2am (Laurie, I will have to send you the book I was reading) and Abby was up at the crack of dawn. We haven't given her allergy medicine for a few nights and I think it is starting to catch up with her. I was hoping allergy season was over, but I guess not. We dropped Abby off at school and headed to Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I decided we need a coat tree for the foyer as well as a basket to put the hats and mittens in. I found what I was looking for and I am hoping it will help keep us organized this winter. If only I had a whole room for all that stuff, life would be much easier. Guess it is one of those things to add to the list for our "forever" home. We are officially no longer property owners. We closed on our house in Florida this past week. I am sad that we no longer have it, but I am also relieved at not having to worry about a property so far away. The other day in school Abby's teacher asked her what she was thankful for and Abby said she was thankful for her house in Florida and her purple room there. Makes me so sad how attached she still is to that house :(  We also hit up Target (seriously, it is right next to BBB. there was no reason to not stop by). Halloween stuff was 75% off so I was able to get the girls a lot of dress up clothes for next to nothing. They are going to have so much fun with all their new costumes! We picked Abby up from school and headed back home for lunch and playtime. The girls played nicely together this afternoon which was really nice. I put the TV on so I could get the dishwasher cleaned out and reloaded and within a short amount of time, Mckenzie was nestled into the couch fast asleep. She didn't sleep long since Scott got off work early today. The girls found blankets that I had purchased as Christmas presents for them and asked so sweetly to play with them. So, I am not as far along on my shopping as I thought! I really need to get better about hiding the gifts I buy them. They also wanted to play dress up. I have to say Mckenzie makes a cute bee and Abby makes a cute cowgirl. Abby kept asking where her horse was and saying yee haw. Adorable! I just love my girls. One of my friends is taking photos of what she is thankful for during the month of November. I would have to say I am thankful for my sweet girls and their amazing father. I seriously couldn't be more blessed. There are always going to be 'things' I want in life, but when it comes right down to it, I have all I need. So for all of that, I am thankful. And where would we be without all of the rest of our family and our friends. Even though there are many miles between us, I am still thankful to have you all in our lives :)
We went out to dinner tonight. Neither Scott nor I felt like cooking so we took the easy way out. Tried a new restaurant and it was pretty good. The girls are hanging out watching a little Backyardigans before they head to bed. We are hoping that if we let them stay up a little later than normal, they will sleep in a little longer tomorrow morning;)


Abby's cowgirl outfit she wore to dinner.
Thankfully, the red bandana didn't make the cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers