11.19.2010

Another Friday, another school day. We overslept this morning so it was quite the mad dash to get ready for school, but we did make it on time. Had to break the rule of no food in the car so Abby could at least have a little milk and waffle before school. I had a parent teacher conference today about Abby's progress thus far. I can't believe the year is moving along so quickly! Abby is right on target with learning. Only issue is how much the girl likes to talk! Gonna have to try to rein that in a little bit I guess. Don't know where she gets her love of talking from... Must be her dad ;) Mckenzie and I came home for a little bit and then it was back to school to get Abby. I wanted to take the girls out to lunch with friends from school, but everyone already had plans. Guess I should have planned ahead.  It was a good thing we didn't go to lunch though because I had the worst headache I have ever had. I nearly wanted to cry it hurt so much. Luckily, Mckenzie was willing to take a nap and Abby was content to sit in front of the tv. Great parenting I know! My headache did go away in time for us to go over to Abby's friends house for playtime/dinner. It was a great time for all of us. The kids played very well together. Mckenzie was a little shy at first, but that is typical for her. She did warm up and had the bigger kids following her around as they all play drums. At first, Mckenzie was moving away from the older kids but as soon as I asked them to stop following her around, Mckenzie decided she liked having them follow her and it became a game for all of them. Abby didn't want to leave her friends house, but it went better today than it did on Tuesday. Probably because I bribed the girls with watching a little bit of tv in my bedroom before bedtime. It was fun though to hang out with the girls for a little while before bed. We got to talk to Scott again today. Always great to hear his voice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers