11.18.2010

The girls slept in this morning and it was wonderful! We had a lazy morning at the house. We painted and colored and played with cars. Abby did her homework for school and Mckenzie worked on drawing people. After lunch, we headed to the purple park to play for a couple of hours. The girls had so much fun and didn't want to leave, but it was getting really chilly out and their little hands were cold. Luckily, they both headed to the car without throwing a fit! We ran to Lowe's to get another mouse trap. I am hoping I never have to catch another one. We came home and played a little bit before taking a bath and then doing dinner. During dinner, Mckenzie needed to use the potty, but she insisted Abby take her instead of me. It is so sweet how Abby helps her out and how Mckenzie wants her help. It isn't always that pretty, but today was a very good day. No major fits and the day seemed to flow a lot better. I know I have a tendency to raise my voice when the girls don't listen, but today, I either waited until they stopped fighting or I used a quiet voice so they had to be quiet to hear me. It really seemed to work and I am going to try to use that tactic every day. Mckenzie went to bed easily tonight, but I assumed she would since she didn't nap. She almost fell asleep on the couch when we got home from the store, but I managed to keep her entertained. The last thing she needed at 5pm was a nap! Abby wanted to sleep in Mckenzie's room tonight and I explained that she couldn't because it is a school night. She wasn't too happy with my decision and she left Mckenzie's room. Turns out she had gotten her sleeping bag and pillow pet and told me she was going to sneak into Mckenzie's room to sleep. Silly girl! I ended up laying with her until she fell asleep. Oh, the other day at gymnastics Abby heard a couple of older girls counting and as they got higher she got more and more interested. Finally they reached 100 and kept on counting. She looked at me completely surprised and said "you can keep going?" She was shocked and amazed! Apparently she didn't know there were numbers after 100!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers