11.09.2010

All I have to say is that sleeping in that king bed was like heaven! We both just love it and when Abby came over this morning, there was plenty of room for her to snuggle in with us for a little bit. Scott was home all day because he was sitting alert for work. I love having him home during the week. Mckenzie's dresser was delivered today. It looks great in her room! Scott and the girls went to pick up the new headboard and rails for our bed. Much cheaper to pick it up since we have the truck and it wasn't too heavy to haul upstairs. Scott even had time to get the bed put together and new curtain rods up. The rods the owners left were uneven and falling down made the room look like garbage. It is nice to see the curtains hanging evenly now. The whole room feels like an oasis to me now. I am very happy with it! The girls had so much fun playing in the boxes the furniture came in. One box was their house and one was school. Mckenzie was playing the mom and Abby was playing the child. It always amuses when when they play that way because Abby is constantly telling Mckenzie how to be the mommy and Mckenzie is always sending Abby to time out! Mckenzie found a permanent marker today, but luckily, she managed to keep it on her paper and on her fingers. I took a chance and threw the cushion covers for the couch into the washing machine today. I'm not sure I was supposed to do that, but after milk got spilled on the cushion, I had little choice. Either I washed the cushion and ruined it or left it and had to deal with the smell of old milk. I lucked out and after washing all the covers, the couch looks almost new again. I am so happy for that! The girls had gymnastics this evening and Scott came along since he was home. He went out on the floor with Mckenzie and I got to sit back and watch the girls. It was a lot of fun and I had the chance to see how much Abby has learned. Mckenzie is a hoot with her panties sticking out of her leotard and shouting 'hey mom' a few times during her lesson. We went to dinner tonight and it was really good until Abby just turned and started crying that she wanted to go home. It was so strange. She was sitting there having a good time and then she was crying. Not sure what that was all about. Happened a couple of other times today too. Is that normal behavior for an almost 5 year old? Guess I will have to read up on that. They are both in bed for the night. Mckenzie is in big girl panties again. Let's hope I don't have to change the sheets in the middle of the night!
Mismatched shoes again today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers