11.24.2010

Today Abby had her Thanksgiving Feast at school. Mckenzie and I headed back to celebrate with her. It was very sweet. The kids were all wearing feather hats and pilgrim shirts made from brown paper bags that they had made. They also sang a cute song. Leaves are falling, Leaves are falling. On the ground, on the ground. Rake them in a pile, rake them in a pile. Then jump in. Then jump in. Very cute! Abby said break instead of rake. Reminds me of how little she still is. I sometimes forget that she is still very young when I compare her to Mckenzie. Abby was kind enough to share her feast with her sister and got glowing praise from her teacher for doing it without being asked. It was so nice to see her sharing so easily. It isn't always like that at home! At the end of class Mckenzie joined Abby on the circle rug where the kids wait to be excused from class. Mckenzie and I headed back home and I put Mckenzie down for a quick nap. After class, the girls and I made some sugar cookies. I traced around their hands to make turkeys and then we frosted them and put candy corn on them. I think both girls ate more candy corn and raw cookie dough than actual baked cookies! Abby wouldn't eat the one she frosted because she likes her cookies plain. They both had so much fun. We did bath time and played around for awhile before dinner. I was hoping Scott would make it home in time to have dinner with us, but the kids couldn't hold out any longer. But he did make it home in time to play with the girls a little bit and read them a bedtime story. That is what matters. Abby was so excited to see him. Mckenzie too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers