11.22.2010

I didn't get around to posting yesterday. It was a very dull day and we didn't even get to the park. Today, Abby had school again. She was in a good mood when we left the house, but when I wouldn't let her greet her teacher at the same time as her little friend, she got upset and started clinging to me, saying she didn't want me to leave. (The teacher likes to greet each child individually and look at his/her homework.) Her teacher reported she settled down pretty quickly. I'm not sure what is going on with her lately. It seems like she is easily upset. Mckenzie and I ran a couple of errands this morning. I am so happy I managed to find clothes for all of us to wear when we get our photos taken the beginning of December! I think the girls will wear their outfit for Christmas as well. Mckenzie was styling today when she was riding in the car. She found a pair of sunglasses and wore them upside down. She looked so cute! We picked Abby up from school and headed over to the park. Abby told me her front tooth hurt so I took a look at it. There was a little blood around the top of her tooth, so I asked her what happened. She told me her tooth and another child's head collided at school. I called her teacher to find out what happened, but unfortunately, the teacher didn't see and Abby never said anything to her in class when it happened. At least it is a baby tooth so if it falls out, no big deal I guess! The girls played for about an hour before we decided to go to the grocery store. I needed to buy a turkey (let's hope Scott makes it home in time) for Thanksgiving. On the drive back home, Abby was begging to decorate the house for Christmas. I told her we could look in the garage for the Christmas decorations when we got home and if we could get to them, we could put a few decorations up. Well, turns out, everything is buried in the back corner behind a boatload of stuff (sure would be nice to have a basement to store stuff!). I explained we would have to wait until Scott got home, but that really upset her. So, I loaded both girls into the car after dinner and ran to the store to pick up a couple of decorations. She was very excited to get a Santa hat and walked around the store saying ho, ho, ho. When we got home, she couldn't have cared less about the decorations I put up. She was too busy playing with Mckenzie. When I let them know it was time for bed, Abby informed me they couldn't go to bed yet because they were having a 'median' in the dining room. I told her it better be a quick meeting and she replied that it was going to be a long meeting! Not sure what she and Mckenzie needed to discuss, but it must have been important! I think Abby was trying to be like me. Whenever I host the school board meeting, we use the dining room. She even had a piece of paper in front of her like I do at the meetings! Both girls are finally in bed. Mckenzie has been in and out of her bed having to use the potty a million times! Let's just hope this means she will wake up dry again in the morning! Oh, talking about morning, Abby slept on top of her covers last night with all her pillows and animals in place too. When I asked her why, she said it was so she didn't have to make her bed again! I would post some pictures, but I seem to have misplaced my usb cord for my camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers