5.07.2010

Abby actually slept in this morning. I had to wake her up at 8:30 so we could get going for the day. We met a few of her friends at a new playground in the area. It was great; a little chilly when we first got there, but it warmed up nicely. I spent most of my time pushing Mckenzie in the swing and watching Abby run around with her friends. She likes to be the leader and it is cute to see her little friends follow in a trail behind her. I think both girls loved the same slide. It was just a bunch of rollers and Abby called it the bumpy slide. Mckenzie kept begging to go down it. Her vocabulary is improving so much. Just the other day she finally said her own name! She said "Kenzie". I love it. I think cutting down on the use of her pacifier is helping her expand her language skills. She gets so excited to go to bed, because she knows she gets her lovie and her pacifier and her daddy doll. We stayed at the park til lunch and then headed home. Abby and I colored again while Mckenzie napped. The rest of the day was pretty typical. Finally got the girls to bed. I think when Scott is away, I need to start earlier than normal because it is soooo hard to get those two ready for bed. It shouldn't be, but someone is always running away from me or playing with something they are supposed to be picking up. And picking out a book to read at night takes even longer. But, they are sleeping like the little angels I know they are and lets hope both of them sleep in for me tomorrow. I know some people say that after they have kids they just can't sleep in any more, but I am most definitely not one of those people. I love my sleep!

The bumpy slide is always better with a friend!

Running up a little ramp! She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers