5.27.2010

Mckenzie woke up in the middle of the night and she was wide awake! Hasn't she learned yet that her mama likes to sleep? So, instead of waking Scott up, Mckenzie and I headed to the guest bedroom. She did go back to sleep, but that girl is a bed hog!!! I seriously don't understand how something so small can crowd me out of the bed! Abby came to join us early in the morning and so our day started! Scott and I took the girls to the park this morning. It was a MOM's club meeting and I wasn't sure who was going to be there for Abby to play with. Fortunately, Abby's good friend was there and when they saw each other, they jumped up and down and giggled with excitement and took off to play! I love to see her so happy! Mckenzie had fun with Scott on the swings but she actually played on the other equipment more than she has before. After the park, it was time for lunch and then nap time! Mckenzie was down for about 45 minutes and she woke up, but fortunately, I got her to go back to sleep in my bed with me. Abby came and joined us and the three of us napped until after 4! It was so nice to take a nap. We went for a bike ride and to the park before dinner. Abby was riding pretty quickly today and I was wishing I had my tennis shoes on instead of flipflops! She even tried riding her bike in the grass. I am so glad her confidence is growing! Mckenzie was excited to get to swing again. As soon as the park was in sight, she started talking about the swing. "Swing, me!" She is getting into the stage she wants to do everything herself. She especially likes to put the lid on her sippy cup. We played for a little while, but it started looking like it was going to rain so we headed back home. Mckenzie decided it was "nay-nay" time (or naked time) and Abby had to follow suit again. I am so worried that Mckenzie is going to potty on the floor, but she gives me good cues that she needs to go and actually used the potty again! YEAH! I never thought I would let my kids eat dinner in their birthday suits, but today they did tonight! I might add that they both ate really well! Maybe I'm on to something... Put the girls to bed, but it was storming outside and Abby told me she was scared and wanted to sleep on the couch. I'm guessing she wasn't tired after her long nap and so we ended up watching a movie together and eating popcorn. Abby loves to feed Dakota popcorn and Dakota sits there patiently as Abby feeds her one piece at a time. Abby is finally in bed. I'm ready to head there too. Scott made it home from his local flight that never took off because of weather.

Abby wanted to pose for a picture! We took several...
She was pointing out an airplane!
Having fun with her friend.
Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers