5.13.2010


What a beautiful day and we all are a little red to prove it. I don't know why I have such trouble remembering to put sunscreen on the girls. Every day we lived in Florida, I slathered those girls up and they didn't burn. Here, I have been having trouble remembering. I think part of the problem for me is that it isn't warm and when I think of sunscreen, I think of melting in the heat and humidity of FL. My mission is to do better! Neither one of the girls was complaining, so I don't think it was too bad, but I have put aloe vera on them at least three times since this afternoon! We had a really nice day. The girls and I met some other moms from the moms club (I say that like I have joined. I haven't yet. I am still waiting on someone else to write the check and fill out any appropriate paper work. Can I hire someone to do that for me? LOL)  at a local park. I really like the park because there is plenty for the girls to do without it being so big I worry that I will lose one of them. Abby had a great time running around with her little friends. she was even being a little daring today by trying out the monkey bars. They are low to the ground so I am not so worried about her falling and it builds her confidence that she can do something she sees as for older kids. Mckenzie was content to hang on my leg or swing. A few times down the slide and once she managed to slip out of my sight just long enough to climb the steps of a big slide. So, guess who got to run up and go down the slide with her? It was a lot of fun. Not sure why I don't do it more often! We came home and did lunch and nap time. Mckenzie slept for three hours today and Abby was content to play by herself. Lining her cars up and making them go to school. Then she colored for awhile until Mckenzie woke up. Mckenzie colored for a little bit too, but when Abby or I would try to color on her page, she would protest shouting "ME ME!". Guess she wanted to do it all herself. Not sure where she gets that independent attitude from ;) Although it is interesting to me. Both girls have their moments of tremendous independence and others of major insecurities/dependencies. Makes me wonder what they will be like as adults? We went for a walk this afternoon and I let Abby ride her bike. She was so excited to get to ride her bike on the sidewalk. It was a short walk that lasted an hour. How might that happen? Well, Abby decided to take is slooooooooooow on her bike today! I am glad she didn't go crazy and race her bike, but I there were moments I wondered if we were ever going to get around the block! We saw some friends as we were walking and Abby was so excited to get to see them again today. After we said our goodbyes, Abby asked if her friends could come over to play. Then she asked if they could spend the night. I am thinking she likes her new friends! I actually cooked again tonight. Spaghetti last night and tacos tonight. The girls are going to think all the restaurants in town have closed! The girls are in bed and I managed to force myself to workout again. Yay for me. I am hoping the girls sleep better tonight than last. Mckenzie was inconsolable for awhile and I had to rock her back to sleep. Abby woke up briefly but she went right back to sleep. So, I hope it works out better for them tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers