5.17.2010


The kids slept in today and it wasn't a good day to do that since Abby had school this morning. We woke up about 30 minutes before she was supposed to be there, but luckily she made it on time. I forgot Abby was the "Star of the Week" this week at school. Every week, one child makes a photo board and gets to tell his/her classmates about themselves. So, just a couple of minutes before Scott and Abby were leaving the house, I remembered she needed her poster. Needless to say, I was devastated. How could I forget to make it with her? She has been asking to do it, but I have been putting it off because I didn't want to sort through all my extra photos that I just don't know what to do with. I realize now we should have done it when Abby asked :( I managed to find/print photos and make a board pretty quickly (thank you scrap booking supplies!) and Scott came back home to pick it up after he dropped Abby off at school. He made it back just in time for Abby to present her board! Scott said Abby liked her poster and did a good job presenting to her classmates. Thank God we got that done. Now just to deal with the guilt of not taking the time earlier to do it with Abby :(  Abby's teacher called me today to let me know some little boy pinched her while they were waiting in line to wash their hands. She said Abby was fine and when I picked her up from school, Abby didn't seem to even care about it at all. When I asked Abby would did it, I had a pretty good guess, and she confirmed my suspicions.  I am glad she wasn't bothered by it, she can be very sensative sometimes. Abby's clothes were covered in paint from her science experiment today. Not sure what they did, but it looks like it was a lot of fun. Her teacher made sure to tell me that it was washable paint. Whatever. They are just clothes. If they are stained, all the better to play in. Our afternoon was pretty quiet. Scott and the girls played; the girls just can't get enough of him! They love to be tickled and chased by Scott. I tried tickling Abby, but she said that was for Daddy to do and snuggled in next to me. We had dinner and then went to Sonic for an ice cream treat. Sugar affects our kids so quickly (especially from ice cream) and in no time at all, they were running circles around the table! We came home and put the girls to bed! I guess Mckenzie wasn't ready for bed tonight. She has been playing in her room for the last hour, shouting my name. I hope she falls asleep soon. Oh, by the way, my new shower curtain and towels came for the girl's bathroom today. Now that they are hanging, I have decided the bathroom needs to be painted. I am excited to get that done; Scott isn't. I guess we will just have to wait and see if it gets done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers