5.09.2010

Happy Mothers Day! I had a wonderful day just hanging with my beautiful girls. I love you both so much! Being a mother is the most amazing blessing in life and I am so thankful I have been awarded a gift so precious. TWICE! It is hard to understand what being a mother is until you are called upon to do it. It is late nights and early mornings and worries and heartaches. But those things pale in comparison to the love, the hugs, the kisses, the smiles, the first words, the first steps, & so many other milestones. I am so glad to know the love of my children and it has strengthened my love for my own mother (and father). It is hard to fully appreciate what we don't understand, but as each year passes, I think I am understanding more and more. So thank you to my parents for taking on the hardest job in the world. We made not have had the newest car or trendiest clothes, but we had love and that is worth more than anything! I was a little sad Scott missed celebrating with us two years in a row now, but there are things in life we can't control. I know if it was up to Scott, he would have been here :) He did call today and it was wonderful to hear his voice.
We had a pretty routine day; I told the girls it was Mother's Day and Abby asked when we were going to school to celebrate. Seems she thinks Mother's Day is something you do at school. So, I explained to her what it was and she told me happy mothers day and told me Mckenzie to tell me happy mother's day too. Then she went on to wish Mckenzie a happy mother's day too. So, not sure she gets all the hype, but she's only four. We have plenty of future Mother's days. Mckenzie surprised me with another new word today. She was trying to get around Dakota who was lying in the middle of the floor and she said "excuse me". I love it! and I love how excited Abby gets for her sister when she does something new! The girls had three breakfasts this morning; waffles, followed by eggs, followed by top tarts (or as the rest of us know them as pop tarts.)  We ran to the grocery store again. Seems like I am always forgetting something when I go. I really need to start making a list! After dinner, the girls wanted to play some Wii. Mckenzie just watched at first, but then she kept insisting she get her turn. She looks at you with begging eyes and says "turn". How can you say no to that. So, Abby helped got right up behind Mckenzie and helped her use the controller. It was cute how excited both girls got when Mckenzie got a strike! Got the girls to bed and even got a workout again tonight. Yeah me! Now, hopefully I fall asleep sooner than last night. 430 is just to late to be lying awake in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers