5.02.2010

Another day of just lounging around in our pjs. I am not sure why it is so hard to get motivated to do anything on the weekends with the girls. I think weekends are harder when Scott is travelling because we have nothing scheduled to fill our day! Mckenzie slept until 7 which was great. She may have slept later, but Dakota has a terrible habit of waking up then and going into the hallway to shake and wake-up. I forgot to remove her collar last night so it was like an alarm clock for Mckenzie. I tried to get her to rest in my bed with me, but when I layed her down, she looked at me and said "Breakfast" in her sweet little voice. As much as I wanted to crawl back into bed, we got up and got the girl some pancakes! Abby woke up a little bit later. They were both in a great mood when they woke up, but the as the day wore on, everyone got a little cranky. Abby kept wanting to do everything she isn't allowed to do and Mckenzie just wanted to suck her pacifier and watch Cars all day. I managed to keep the pacifier away from her except once when she dropped a heavy toy on her toe (of course it had to be the same toe she injured a few days ago) and nap time. I think she is doing a lot better with not having it so much. She got so used to having the pacifier during our drive from ND to here and we hadn't bothered to take it away from her since then. But, I decided that we had better start now because I don't want her sucking a pacifier at four years old. We still have yet to break Abby of her thumb sucking habit. I have no idea how to do it. We keep telling her not to do it, but she says she has to because that is how she smells her lambie. (When she sucks her thumb, her lambie lovie is always in her hand next to her mouth/nose) I guess lambie just wouldn't smell the same without her thumb in her mouth! I am thankful she only sucks her thumb as she is falling asleep. The girls and I played outside for a little bit this afternoon, but it was so humid. The girls were sweating like crazy. Abby and Mckenzie decided they wanted to eat outside which turned out to be a very bad idea. Mckenzie wouldn't stay in her chair for anything and kept trying to drive her car or run back into the house. We got to skype with Daddy again today. It was nice to see him, but he was very tired after flying so we didn't talk that long. Got the girls to bed and worked out!
This is from a bush in our backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers