5.30.2010

The girls slept until 7 this morning! Yeah! We got up and hung out at home. We played inside for most of the day. It was kind of windy out and Mckenzie wanted to run around "nay-nay" Not sure what the neighbors would think if I let her outside like that!

I was going to take the girls to Target after nap time, but when Mckenzie woke up, she didn't want to get dressed and I didn't want argue. So, we played inside. Abby wanted to play hide and seek, but she was telling me where to hide. What fun is that? So, I would hide somewhere else and jump out at her. She giggles so hard when you do that and says "Oh mom, you scared me!". Too much fun! Mckenzie hid with me and giggled almost as hard as Abby.

We played outside after dinner. I convinced Mckenzie she had to put on some clothes in order to go outside. We picked some strawberries. Boy were they tasty! Our supply is starting to dwindle; I'm not sure how many days we have left to enjoy them.

Got the girls a bath and cleaned up Abby's room. She managed to destroy it during quiet time; I couldn't even see the floor there were so many toys! I really need to organize her toys/closet, but I am procrastinating because I am waiting on finding the right bookcase to add to her room. I found one at Ikea that I liked, but it wasn't in stock. Her room here has a lot less storage/space than her last room and it makes it difficult to make it work efficiently. She used to have a huge built-in bookcase which was wonderful for books and pictures. I miss our house in Florida. It really was a nice place, especially after all the work Scott put into it. I also miss living in a home we own. Renting is tough because you can't really change anything and why put so much work into a place that gives no personal return on the investment?

The girls are in bed and I am hoping they both sleep well tonight. Abby says her ear is all better and I am glad for her.


(Mckenzie didn't want to cooperate for a picture tonight. Every time I asked her to smile, she looked away from me. So, all I got was a snapshot of her pushing the car around the backyard. Abby cooperates, but I don't think she likes to unless taking a picture is her idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers