5.12.2010


Mckenzie was wide awake again at 6 this morning. I am thankful she slept through the night, but it would have been nice to sleep until my real alarm clock went off. Abby had school like usual and for once she didn't argue with me over what to wear. It was cold again and I didn't want her wearing a dress so somehow she was agreeable to jeans! I had an end of the year conference with Abby's teacher today and Abby is doing well in class. The only thing Ms. Sharpe suggested we work on was Abby's knowledge of our address and phone number. Can't really blame the kid for not knowing that since we have had multiple addresses over the past year. So, I guess I know what I need to work on her with. Mckenzie didn't nap for very long today, only 50 minutes. I am hoping this isn't the end of her naps and I also hope this doesn't mean she is getting sick. She was really snotty today, but I think it was allergies. We ran some errands after picking Abby up from school and then came home to play. Abby wanted to play emergency or 911. What fun. I had to be an ambulance a million times because she kept breaking her leg or poking her eye out! She loved it though and that makes me happy! Mckenzie was so tired tonight that she asked to go to bed after their bath. I was reading to the girls and Mckenzie wanted nothing to do with the book. Instead, she was searching for her pacifier and telling me "night nights". Sweet little girl. She gets so excited to see her bear and pacifier at bedtime. I talked to Scott again today. Poor guy is ready to come home as it is super warm where he is. Hopefully this weekend we will see him! Abby told me she missed her daddy today and hopes he comes home to play with her. She breaks my heart. I don't know how other people can be away from their families even longer than we are. They must be the strongs ones!

1 comment:

  1. Delia only naps about half the time, but she has to hang out in her room for the duration of what used to be naptime. Works for me. She plays happily and I still get some somewhat alone time (Ben doesn't nap). My new camera arrived!!! I'm trying to reload my lens arsenal now to get those really gorgeous shots. Can't wait! What a learning curve I have ahead of me.

    And just wanted to add that I know I couldn't do what you guys do, with Scott being gone so much, but I am thankful that there are people like you that can. I appreciate everything your family and many others are sacrificing daily for me and my family every day. Love ya girl! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers