5.06.2010

Dakota gave me a nice surprise in the middle of the night. I woke up to hear her puking on the floor. Disgusting. Where is Scott when I need him? What was even more gross was that she started to lick it up. Why do dogs do that? Mckenzie woke up very early this morning; I think the later they are up at night, the earlier they get up the next morning. So, I put Cars on, got her some breakfast and we hung out on the couch until Abby woke up. She wasn't happy about watching Cars again and threw a big tantrum. Then she wasn't happy that I told her she had to wear shorts today since we were going outside to play. (Looking back I don't know why I picked that battle. What does it matter if she wears a dress to the park?) I took the girls to the park this morning as part of the Mom's club. We had a great time. I didn't get to do a lot of socializing, but it was just nice to get out of the house. Abby had so much fun running around with the other kids. Some are classmates and others she just met. I think Abby liked being able to run around and play games that she normally doesn't get to play with Mckenzie. Mckenzie had fun on the swings, but she did venture towards the slides. Mostly, she wanted to climb up the slides instead of going down there. She is a determined little girl that wants to do things her own way. I love that about both my girls and I pray they keep that determination with them as they grow. Abby and I did some coloring during Mckenzie's nap time and then we took a little nap of our own. I love how she snuggles in so close next to me. Went out to get the mail this afternoon and there was a box of flowers waiting outside for me. Scott sent me a couple dozen roses for Mother's Day. What a nice surprise! The girls wanted to eat dinner outside and we did even though it was getting a little cool (the backyard has a lot of shade) and windy. Neither of the girls wanted to sit down and eat. Mckenzie wanted to wander around and play and Abby wanted to chase after Mckenzie and tell her to eat her dinner. I swear our house is like a circus some days. Then, Dakota was naughty and stole food off of Abby's plate. She had been stalking the table the entire time we were eating and finally saw an opportunity to get what she wanted! Some days! Oh, that meeting I went to last night for Abby's school lasted until 11pm. Seriously? That is crazy. I am so glad I left with the girls when I did!


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you are enjoying the Moms Club. Our banquet is in a couple of weeks. I do make it to playgroups but tend to blow off everything else. I love our playgroup though. Great friends and good kids. And good to hear McKenzie did well for her CT scan. Hope the results are good and she can have her surgery and all will be in the past. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers