5.05.2010


Abby's card for me. Not the clearest pic, but the best I could get.
Abby had school today and her class held a tea for Mother's Day. It was so adorable.  The kids sang a couple of songs about moms and even spelled the word mommy. I loved having Abby sit on my lap singing to me. Halfway through the second song, she decided she wanted to go sit across the room with her bff, Ally. Fortunately, she came back after a minute or so. Each child set the table for herself and mom. Abby did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. I forgot my camera so one of the other moms took a picture of the two of us. I hope it turns out. I couldn't ask her to let me see and then make her take another if it didn't work out! Abby gave me a flower she planted herself and also a card she made as well as her hand print in stone. I love them all! I especially love the picture she drew of our family in her card. A girl who works in the nursery watched Mckenzie and Mckenzie did pretty good. She was a little upset in the beginning, but nothing a few bubbles and juicys couldn't cure! After school, I took the girls shoe shopping. Mckenzie has such chubby feet that all the shoes I have been buying her have been leaving marks on her feet and she complains whenever I go to put them on her. The place we went to was great and instead of measuring feet the traditional way, they scan the feet in to do measurements. Pretty cool if ya ask me! The kids thought so too. I found a pair for Mckenzie that actually seem to fit her and a couple of pair for Abby. I wasn't excited at paying so much for children's shoes, but I figure I have been spending just as much, if not more on cheap shoes that don't fit. We came home and got to talk with Daddy again. This has to be the most relaxed trip he has ever been on. Golfing, bowling, dining out. Sure doesn't sound like work to me! Wait, he has flown once so I guess that makes it work! I had a meeting for Abby's school tonight and I had to bring the girls with me. Seriously, it was two hours (and I left before it was over) of people being ridiculous. I realize the school is run by parents and everyone wants to have their say, but sometimes, people just need to learn when to shut their mouths! You know the worst ones start off with the phrase "I don't mean to make trouble, but..." I had to call it a night. The girls were so tired, especially Mckenzie. Mckenzie kept coming over to me, grabbing my hand and telling me to get up. They were both really good and I wish I wouldn't have had to take them, but such is the life. Maybe someday we will find a trusted babysitter/friend that we can count on to watch the kids for us. Days like this make me jealous of all those people who live close to their families and can ask for help whenever they need it.

The picture Abby drew of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers