5.31.2010


Abby came into my room a little after seven this morning and wanted to watch tv. I told her we had to go downstairs to do that so we didn't wake Mckenzie and wouldn't ya know it, as soon as we started down the stairs, Mckenzie woke up any way. The girls were in a good mood this morning and we all just veged out for awhile. They had Cocoa Puffs for breakfast this morning without the milk. I wonder if other kids do the same? They have never been ones to have milk on it. While we were getting ready for the day, Mckenzie was wandering around with one of Abby's boots on and nothing else. She looked so cute. Should have taken a picture ;)

We ran to Target to pick up some stuff we needed. The girls were good in the beginning, but they started to get pretty feisty. Neither would sit in the cart and if they were in the cart, they were hanging off the handle or standing up. We headed back home for lunch and naps.

I filled the pool and after nap time, I took the girls out for a little swim. It was getting cloudy and there was some thunder in the distance so we didn't stay out for long. Hasn't rained as of yet, but I like to play it on the cautious side with the girls. They had so much fun swimming around. Both girls wore these floaties we bought for when they go swimming in a big pool. I don't know why Abby wanted to wear them, but she did. Actually, I take that back. I am sure she wanted to wear them because we just bought them. I like to use my new things right away too! The water didn't warm up very well, so I ended up carrying buckets of warm water out so the girls didn't freeze. Of course then, they wanted to turn on the hose and spray each other. Kind of a mute point to try to warm the water. Abby is getting so much more brave when it comes to being in the water. I got her to put her face until water for 4 seconds and even touch her nose to the bottom of the pool. I could tell she was a little apprehensive about the whole thing, so I made a huge deal of praising her when she accomplished it. I am so proud that she is trying new things in the water. She even laid on her back to float. Something she never wants to do! Mckenzie on the other hand seems to enjoy being in the water. She lays on her back and floats and puts her face to the water. She doesn't dunk it yet, but I think she will soon. She brought her pacifier into the water and one time, she pulled the pacifier out of her mouth, blew bubbles on the water and then shoved the pacifier back into her mouth as fast as she could. She loves that pacifier. I will get rid of it one of these days. I just don't know when...

We came in and it was bath time and dinner time. Both girls ate well tonight for a change. No nagging by me, they both sat at the table and cleaned up their plates. This is such a rare occasion these days.

I worked on organizing Mckenzie's closet and drawers today. I finally put the summer clothes in the drawers and cleaned out the things that no longer fit. She still needs a bookcase, but we are slowly getting there. One day there will be shelves on the wall and places for nick knacks/pictures, but what's the hurry? We will be here at least another couple of years. It always seems the house finally gets into shape just about the time to move again. Part of me wants to say forget it, but deep down, I really do want curtains for every window and pictures on the wall in every room.

Scott will be home sometime in the early hours of the morning. He flew to Chicago for the weekend for a quick work trip. The only good thing about him being gone was it gave me time to pick up the house. The house always seems to get so messy when he is home and that isn't his fault, I just don't like to waste my evenings picking up when I can spend time with Scott instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers