5.18.2010


Scott let me sleep in this morning and got up with the girls. He said Mckenzie wanted to watch Cars for a little bit and when she got hungry, told him she wanted breakfast. He took her over to the fridge and she asked for yogurt and as soon as Scott grabbed it, she was running over to the silverware drawer, saying "me, me". She likes to get her own spoon! Then she went to her chair and waited for Scott to put her in. We headed to Ikea in South Philly today. I have never been and we thought it would be a good day to check it out as we couldn't go outside due to the rain. It was a great store with so much stuff! Almost overwhelming. I am sure if I had gone without Scott, I would have bought way too much! But, I didn't buy much of anything. Just a couple of candles for Abby's school teachers. Since it was lunchtime, we headed over to Tony Lukes for a tasty cheesesteak sandwich! Just as good as last time! I think it is my new favorite restaurant.  We came home and tried to get Mckenzie to take a nap, but she fell asleep in the car for a short while and she was not willing to nap. Scott stayed home with the girls while I ran out to Target and to the grocery store to pick up a few things. While I was at the grocery store, I ran into a fellow North Dakotan. Kind of odd! She noticed my UND shirt and started talking to me. When I got home, both girls were sleeping; Mckenzie on Scott's chest and Abby next to them on the couch. I guess they were both tired after all! I woke Abby up so we could make sugar cookies to take to her chef class tomorrow. It is her last day and we are having a little party. The time has gone so quickly and I am starting to wonder how to fill her summer days! During dinner, Abby spilled her milk all over the floor so I got to mop the floors while Scott gave the girls a bath. We put the girls to bed at their normal time, but both of them are still fighting sleep. Abby talked Scott into reading books in her bed and she is still doing that. Mckenzie has repeatedly thrown her bear and pillow out of her bed in an attempt to leave her crib. I finally caved and she is now resting on Scott. We should have known better than to let them nap so late in the day. Hopefully they will fall asleep soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers