1.15.2011

Abby's last day as a four year old and we didn't even make it out of the house! Scott called this morning and the connection was not the greatest. I hung up feeling like we had an argument since it felt like we were shouting at each other the entire conversation just to hear one another! Mckenzie slept right through the entire phone call, of course, I'm sure she was very tired as she woke up at 5 demanding a yogurt and milk and didn't go back to sleep for quite awhile! Scott sent Abby flowers/balloons/stuffed bear for her birthday and she was so excited to get them! She gave the bear a great big hug when I told her it was from her Daddy. Then, she ran upstairs, telling me she was going to give Daddy a hug. At first I thought she had forgotten Scott wasn't here, but she came back downstairs with her Daddy doll and I understood what she meant:( I ended up giving the girls a bath earlier than normal because Mckenzie was a little stinker and wet herself twice today. Not sure what her deal is! She has done so well for so long, I didn't even think it was an issue anymore. Both girls took long naps today which means both girls had lots of trouble going to sleep. It took Abby an hour before she finally conceded and it took Mckenzie two! It also didn't help that Abby was missing Scott again tonight. She was crying and holding onto her Daddy doll! Mckenzie needed a sugar fix and was demanding another yogurt before bed, but finally settled on milk! Let's hope tomorrow night goes a little more smoothly! As I was looking for gift wrap to wrap Abby's birthday gifts (which I couldn't find any), I happened to find Abby's snowboots from last year. I was curious to see what size they were thinking maybe Mckenzie could have worn them this year. Turns out the pink boots I found in the closet match the pink boots I just bought her, same size and all! If only she hadn't worn the new ones yet!
009
The happy girl with her gift from Daddy!
011
A little blurry, but I love how cute she is in this hat!

1 comment:

  1. Barb that hat is adorable!! Where did you find one with ribbon through it like that??? Another story about Scott and the girls that brings tears to my eyes when Abby runs to get her Daddy doll!!!! Tear at those heart strings I tell ya!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers