1.12.2011

Snow Day!

School was cancelled for today. I think it was a little silly considering it was gorgeous outside this morning, temps well above zero, and the roads had already been cleared from the 6 or so inches of snow we got. But, I guess that is what happens when you cancel school before the snow even has a chance to accumulate on the ground! Abby was disappointed she didn't get to go to school. She told me she wanted to go so she could learn something! I'm surprised she thinks she is learning since every time I ask what she learned in school she can't remember! So, after a late breakfast, I put the girls in front of the tv (one activity there is rarely any fighting over) and headed outside to do a little shoveling! Lucky for me, my neighbor used his snowblower on my sidewalk and another neighbor came over and cleared out the end of the driveway for me. I guess I have the damsel in distress look down pretty well! I was actually warm while I was shoveling! I don't ever remember that from the few times I had to shovel as a kid. Thanks Dad for always taking care of that! After I got the driveway cleared, I dressed the girls and let them play outside for a bit. I borrowed my friend's idea (thanks Laurie) and dug out the beach toys. The girls had a blast with them and it kept them from asking me to make snowballs from dry snow! Poor Dakota probably wasn't too happy though, as the girls kept filling buckets of snow and then dumping them on her. She would run away from them and just start to act all silly, rolling around in the snow! The girls warmed up by the fire with a little hot chocolate. The rest of the day was pretty routine, just playing games and fighting over baby dolls. Seriously, I think we have a dozen dolls and just about every day, the girls argue over one doll. It doesn't matter what doll, it just matters that someone decided to play with a doll and now the other one wants it too! We got to talk to Kadence and Grandma Betty which was really nice. And, we got to talk to Scott for a little bit, but the connection was terrible and I could hardly hear him. I wish I could have talked a little more to him because I found out one of my friends/former coworkers from Florida was sent to a hospice center today. She was a strong woman. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer several years ago, but she still continued nursing school, graduated and started working on the same floor in the hospital where we treated her as a patient. An amazing woman and I am lucky to have known such a kind and caring person!
011
008
012

2 comments:

  1. Look at all of that snow! I'm glad we only have it for a few days. You know me! I don't like to be cold :) And the beach toys were a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm not the same as that wonderful hubby of yours but remember I'm here to chat any time day or night so please call when you need an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers