1.30.2011

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scott called this morning before we headed out to church. It was nice to hear his voice so early in the day. Abby kept telling me how old I turned today and along with that, she reminded me I am now older than Daddy! Church was nice. The girls were well behaved. The girls went up front for the children's message, but Mckenzie only sat there for about 2 seconds before heading back to the pew. On her way back, you could tell she didn't remember where we were sitting and she had this sad look on her face. I was waving to her and many other parishioners were pointing me out to her, but she didn't see me so I had to walk around to get her. We ran to the grocery store after church. I really don't like going on the weekends because it is so busy, but I am the parent helper in Abby's Ooey Gooey class tomorrow and I didn't have anything at home to take for snack. The rest of the day was pretty quiet. We played "Pretty Pretty Princess", a fun game for the girls. The goal of the game is to collect jewelry as you make your way around the board. My favorite part was listening to Abby say 'earring". It is one word she has always mispronounced and it is so cute to listen to her say it. Many times I look at her and I see how grown up she has become and then I hear her say earring and I remember just how little she really is yet. Abby wanted to bake a cake for me today, so we did that. She was so excited to help frost and decorate it. Mckenzie had to check it out after her nap and sample a bit of the frosting as she was looking. Leftovers for dinner and it was time to for the girls to head to bed. Abby went down without trouble tonight, but Mckenzie took over an hour to fall asleep again. Maybe someday they will both go to bed easily for me again!
007edit
019edit024edit
022edit
Not the greatest photo of the three of us, but it was all I could get today!
014edit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers