1.02.2011

Kind of a rough day around here. Scott packed and spent as much time playing with the girl as he could fit in. Every now and again, I would catch him looking at one of the girls and there would be a tear or two in his eye. After lunch, we drove Scott to the airport. It was a quiet drive, but we didn't need to talk. Nothing could change him leaving and we knew what the other one was thinking without saying it. Scott simply rested his hand on my leg while I drove to the airport. It was enough. Watching Scott say goodbye to the girls was heart wrenching. I can't imagine how hard it was on him. Mckenzie soaked in all the kisses and hugs, not really understanding what was happening. Abby, on the other hand, knew what was happening. She only gave a few kisses before turning away from Scott. It was hard to leave Scott and even more difficult to listen to Abby sobbing in the backseat as we drove away. I hated listening to her cry and not being able to fix it. She finally cried herself to sleep and Mckenzie fell asleep to, so instead of driving straight home, I drove around for another hour. I woke the girls up to do a little grocery shopping and we came back home for dinner. When we pulled into the driveway, Mckenzie saw Scott's truck and excitedly shouted "Daddy's home" and Abby got all excited too. I felt terrible telling the girls that he wasn't, just his truck was. I let the girls watch a movie after dinner and then it was time for a bath and bed. We read books in my bed and now both girls are giving me trouble about going to sleep. I hope they fall asleep soon because it is back to school tomorrow for Abby. Can't have her going to school all tired.
038
037
030

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers