1.14.2011

002
I was the parent helper in Abby's classroom today and we had a super fun day! We brought cupcakes for Abby's birthday and it was show and tell day! Abby loves being the leader and she told me many times today that she was glad we got go to class together today. Mckenzie even got to join the class for a little bit as the nursery mom had to leave a little early today. Abby loves being a big sister and Mckenzie follows her around like Abby hung the moon! I am so glad Abby's teachers are flexible enough to let Mckenzie join the class for a bit. We met some friends at Chick fil A for lunch today. It was really like a zoo once all our kids got there. The kids had fun until one of the little ones got a bloody nose from bumping another child's head. After that, it seemed like it was time to get going. Lucky for me, Mckenzie didn't fall asleep on the ride home and she took a very nice long nap. Abby and I got to play together for awhile and then she decided she wanted to watch a cartoon. She decided on Garfield (gotta love Netflix instant at home capabilities!) After nap, we headed to the mall to pick up my ring that Scott gave me for Christmas last year. I never had it sized and one of the stones fell out so I had to get a replacement ring and finally got around to doing it just before Scott left. On the way home from doing that, I missed my turn and ended up in a shady neighborhood. So, I decided to drive a little faster than normal and wouldn't ya know it, I got pulled over. Lucky for me, we have insurance that is for military members and the police officer recognized that. He asked if my husband was military and when I said yes, he handed my documents back and left. I felt very lucky! The girls kept asking what was going on and when I started crying, Mckenzie told me a knock knock joke and then asked if I felt better. Such a sweet girl. Abby was very concerned after we starting driving again about how fast I was going. Every time I hit the accelerator, she told me not to speed! Abby asked if we could go to one of our family favorite restaurants and I said yes feeling brave enough to take both girls out to dinner at a sit down restaurant close to bedtime! The both were good and are now in bed.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you for getting out of the ticket. I even tried crying and still got one. And of course it was in front of the preschool and everyone saw it. :( Those cops are preschool mom predators!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers