1.22.2011

It has been cold here lately (ok, not as cold as ND/SD) but cold to me since I am still not acclimated to the weather after living in the south for 10 years! I really miss winter in Florida. Anyway, we had a lazy day. Stayed in out pjs until after nap and only then did we get ready for the day. I took the girls out to use their gift cards they had gotten for Christmas. Abby didn't really need any new toys, but I wanted Mckenzie to get something since Abby has been playing with something new everyday. So, we headed to the Walmart. Abby was shocked when we stopped there. She said "This place is so dirty. Why are we going here?" I guess she does listen to me after all! The Walmart near our house is not the nicest and I try to avoid it at all costs! But, I didn't think it would be much fun for the girls to use their gift cards online. I asked Mckenzie what she wanted and she told me she wanted cars. Abby said she wanted everything. That isn't a surprise. She can't seem to make up her mind about anything. You ask her what her favorite present was and she says "all of them" or her favorite color, "all of them". (although purple really is her fav). So, after walking up and down the aisles twice each, the girls finally settled on a toy. Abby picked out a princess castle and Mckenzie picked a princess DVD player and a dinosaur. We came home and the girls were both very excited to play with their new treasures. No surprise to me, but within 30 minutes or less, Mckenzie lost her DVD player until tomorrow because she threw it at Abby and Abby was whining that Mckenzie wasn't sharing. Ahhh. The joys of two little princesses!!!! My friend stopped over tonight for a bit after the girls went to bed. Well, I should say, after Abby went to bed. Mckenzie was in and out of her room, my room, playing in the hall. She just wouldn't settle down for anything. I finally let her lay down on the sofa just so she would go to sleep and my friend wouldn't have to leave while I laid upstairs with Mckenzie. She finally did fall asleep and it was really nice to hang out with another adult!
The Princess Castle!
020
021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers