1.07.2011

Woke up to Scott's voice this morning. He called nice and early to let me know he made it safely and he was working already. So glad to hear his voice so early in the morning! We didn't get to talk very long because he had to get back to work. It was nice to be up before the girls so I could get ready for the day without any interruptions. Both girls were more than excited to see it was snowing out this morning. We didn't get much snow, but it was pretty to see falling so gently this morning. Mckenzie and I came back home after dropping Abby at school. I really wanted to go to Target, but I couldn't think of anything I wanted to buy. I don't know of any other week that I have not made it to the store. I better get there next week to make up for missing this week! The girls played outside for a little bit after picking Abby up from school. They had so much fun sliding around and throwing snowballs. Warmed the girls up with some hot chocolate and a fire. Mckenzie threw a tantrum to beat all other tantrums this afternoon. I gave her the choice to nap on her bed or mine and she decided she didn't like either of those options and threw the fit of her life. I finally got her settled down enough to put her on my bed and tried offering her a pacifier, but I didn't have the right paci and ended up searching all over the house for one specific paci. She did lay down and I laid with her. Abby was so good during the whole thing and played with her Barbie dolls in her room. She came in once to see if I could set up the Wii for her, but Mckenzie still wasn't asleep and I didn't dare get up thinking the tantrum would start all over again. So, she went back to playing and before ya know it, I woke up to both girls sleeping in bed with me. I guess we all needed a nap today! I felt so bad that Abby didn't get to play the Wii, but she was really understanding about the whole thing. After dinner, we did movie night and had popcorn and watched a Care Bears movie. Abby asked a million and two questions during the movie and Mckenzie couldn't get enough of the popcorn! Mckenzie asked to share my water with me and it quit being my water two seconds after she put a piece of popcorn in her mouth immediately followed by taking a drink of the water. I don't mind sharing my water, but if I want popcorn, I don't want to eat the remnants from my drink!
005
009
019

1 comment:

  1. How sweet. I love movie night. D is a popcorn lover too. I need to look into Care Bear movies. Poor D has to watch what Ben wants to watch. It isn't fair.

    Glad to hear Scott arrived safely. I don't know what it is, but his leaving has really shook me up. I guess at where I am in my life (crazy newborn schedules), I can't imagine Brent being gone for so long and it is hard not to imagine yourself in that situation. Big hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers