1.23.2011

I took the girls to church this morning and I was a little nervous as to how they were going to behave with just me there. But, they surprised me and did really well. We do a contemporary service and it was so fun to watch Abby clap her hands and try to sing along. She told me before we left that she wasn't going to color today since she was five and she needed to start paying attention. Didn't happen today, but she did color a very nice cat picture for me! Mckenzie was a little restless, wanting to eat anything she could find in my bag. Yes, I did feed her before we left the house, I guess she just had the munchies in church! I took the girls out for lunch at a nearby diner and Mckenzie was up and down, doing donkey kicks on the seat, standing up and complaining lunch was taking too long. I had to lay down with Mckenzie for her nap again. She still needs a nap, but she has become very resistant to the idea. Scott called and it was nice chatting with him. We were going to skype, but he didn't have Internet today:( Abby and I worked on writing thank you notes for all her birthday gifts. She complained that she had too much to write. Sorry if writing "Love, Abby" is too much work. Next time I should make her write the whole thing! No, that's not gonna happen for a long time. Lord knows I wouldn't have the patience or big enough paper to let her do that. I love how big little kids write when they are learning. I got the girls settled into bed and Mckenzie was actually staying in her room without shouting out at me when some idiot in the neighborhood starting shooting off fireworks. Abby came running down the hall, scared as could be, with tears running down her face. I wasn't sure what the noise was at first so I went to grab Mckenzie, brought them both into my room and then I listened a little closer and realized it was only fireworks. So, I called the cops. Yep, I am that neighbor. I don't care though. It's not July and they scared the crap out of my kids. Jerks! Both girls were still scared so I laid in my bed with them until they fell asleep.
This picture is just for Scott! He loves when Dakota is on our bed!
019
013
011

1 comment:

  1. I like your bedding! And the fact that it is made is impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers